Waiter / Waitress
Food & Beverage
- To be punctual every time you are scheduled to work
- Report at work according to the Grooming standard
- To ensure the guests receive prompt, friendly, personalized service
- To perform the service standards according to the outlet’s SOP.
- To utilise product knowledge to accurately answer any questions from guests and to recommend items to guests specifications
- To meet our guests’ needs by suggestively selling our menu to fit their circumstances
- To act as final check on the quality of food and drinks before they are served to our guests
- To assist your superiors in maintaining standards by communicating any problems in your work surroundings
- To notify your superior(s) of any special guest query
- To assist your colleagues whenever possible should they need help. Ask for help should the situation demand assistance
- Spot sweeping areas of the restaurant and clearing any unneeded chinaware, glassware and silverware from tables
- To charge all food and beverages via micros efficiently and correctly adhering to company cashiering procedures
- To assist Stewarding staff by stacking all operating equipment properly
- To complete any set up duties or closing duties assigned to the station
- To practice “full hands in and full hands out” throughout the shift
- To ensure all Health, Safety Systems and Practices are adhered to
- To attend all scheduled training
- To ensure all policies and procedures laid down by the management are adhered to.
- To keep your self informed on events in the hotel and in the area.
- To be flexible in assisting in different areas of the hotel in response to business and client needs.
- Demonstrate service attributes in accordance with industry expectations and company standards to include:-
- Being attentive to guests
- Accurately and promptly; understanding, anticipating and fulfilling guest requests
- Maintain a high level of knowledge which will enhance the guest experience
- Demonstrate a service attitude that exceeds expectations
- Take appropriate action to resolve guest complaints
- Appreciate the dynamic nature of the hotel industry and extend these service attributes to all internal customers by ensuring good inter-departmental relations.
- Be able to promote the hotel products and services.
- Maintain a high level of product and service knowledge about Cristal Hotel, Abu Dhabi.
- Ensure known repeat guests, and other VIP’s receive special attention
- To display a pleasant manner and positive attitude at all times and to promote a good company image to guests and colleagues.
Health & Safety
- Operate equipment using procedure learnt during training to company standards.
- Demonstrate an understanding and an awareness of all policies and procedures relating to Health, Hygiene and Fire Life Safety.
- To be vigilant in the workplace and report any signs of fire related issues
- To report any equipment failures or problems to the Maintenance Department.
- Familiarise yourself with emergency and evacuation procedures.
- Ensure all security incidents, accidents and near misses are always logged in a timely manner and brought to the attention of your line manager)
Minimum education qualification: High School, good communication skills, at least one-year experience in the same role in hospitality industry, immediately available or with less notice period and transferrable visa.