Sales & Marketing
Our successful Hotel Sales Managers:
- Actively participate in sales planning to determine openings for business retention and growth
- Analyse product potential within current and future trends to maximize revenue opportunities
- Stage activation and experiences to meet the market’s need for information on the benefits of our offering
- Respond promptly to any and all interest shown by potential clients and other interested parties
- Keep client, competitor and market data up to date when generating sales reports that lead to informed decisions about effective sales strategy
- Build co-operative and professional relationships with colleagues, clients and suppliers
- Proactively network in areas that provide mutually beneficial business opportunities Requirements
- Contacts and sales experience in the local market
- Previous record of working in a 4 or 5 star hotel
- Driver’s license
- At least 2 years experience in a similar position. Preferably Arabic Speaking.
Health & Safety
- To generate and maintain customers of defined accounts / areas through sales activities (face to face sales calls, telephone calls, entertainment)
- To maintain a high level of exposure for the hotel through direct sales, telephone, fax, written communications
- To plan weekly sales calls and report the outcome of such calls in the sales & marketing system.
- To ensure comprehensive & complete coverage of own portfolio covering all levels of accounts’ managerial & departmental executives for a comprehensive client servicing, achieving targets and maximum productivity.
- To implement & execute all sales objectives and action plans to reach and exceed targets set.
- To solicit and serve transient and group business & meetings.
- To formulate corporate offer letters and yearly contracts and any other required business correspondence.
- To establish parameters, quotes and negotiate prices with customers for transient and group business.
- To ensure that the response to any business request is action within 24 hours
- To provide feedback to the Director of Sales on changing marketing conditions, including trends in the competition, as a result of direct sales solicitation, telephone and direct mail, in his / her market areas.
- To arrange site inspections of hotel.
- To disseminate sales related information to other departments as appropriate.
- To handle incoming calls and ensures messages are taken and the details are forwarded to the person concerned.
- To attend departmental and communication meeting as requested by Department Head.
- To attend major events in hotel & city as requested by Department Head.
- To closely monitor accounts revenue and business production of own portfolio.
- To maximize up selling opportunities whenever possible.
- To review direct competition and conducts regular research.
- To establish and maintain files of major accounts.
- To ensure that selling strategies are adhered to during negotiations and maximizes up selling opportunities whenever possible.
- To maintain an up to date account & contact database and details in property management system.
- To ensure comprehensive and up to date knowledge of properties’ unique selling points, features, amenities, services and policies.