Guest Service Agent
- Ensures incoming guests are given the highest possible personal service.
- Maintains effective communication with all related departments to ensure smooth service delivery.
- Receives guests in a professional and friendly manner, satisfying guest expectations from arrival till departure.
- Takes telephone reservations when the reservations team are not available.
- Greets guests on their arrival ensuring they feel expected and welcome.
- Ensures the guest receives the accommodation he/she is expecting.
- Maintains an up to date knowledge of hotel and local services and supply information respond to guest queries.
- Deals swiftly, efficiently and sensitively to guest complaints and follows through.
- Maintains awareness of guest profile through the guest history.
- Using computerized Front Office systems, process accounts from check-in through to check-out, ensuring accurate posting of food and beverage and supplementary charges.
- Receives payments by cash, cheque, credit card or account, adhering to the company Credit Policy at all times.
- Accurately administers Front Desk Clerical systems and procedures.
- Provides currency exchange services.
- Balances accounts of day’s business at end of shift.
- Comply with all laid down systems and procedures.
- Records all instances of refused business, with reasons of refusal.
- Ensures that all bills closed on shift are checked and are closed correctly to the required standard and policy.
- To regularly check the reception is organized and operating an efficient standard and checklists are completed and forwarded to supervisors.
- Promotes the hotels outlets and special events at all times.
- Maintains an awareness of competitor’s rates and occupancy levels.
- Demonstrate service attributes in accordance with industry expectations and company standards to include:-
- Being attentive to guests.
- Accurately and promptly; understanding, anticipating and fulfilling guest requests.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge which will enhance the guest experience.
- Demonstrate a service attitude that exceeds expectations
- Take appropriate action to resolve guest complaints
- Appreciate the dynamic nature of the hotel industry and extend these service attributes to all internal customers by ensuring good inter-departmental relations.
- Be able to promote the hotel products and services.
- Maintain a high level of product and service knowledge about Cristal Hotels.
- Ensure known repeat guests, and other VIP’s receive special attention.
- To display a pleasant manner and positive attitude at all times and to promote a good company image to guests and colleagues.
Health & Safety
- Operate equipment using procedures learnt during training to company standards.
- To report any equipment failures or problems to the Maintenance Department.
- Demonstrate an understanding and an awareness of all policies and procedures relating to Health, Hygiene and Fire Life Safety
- To be vigilant in the workplace and report any signs of fire related issues
- Familiarise yourself with emergency and evacuation procedures.
- Ensure all security incidents, accidents and near misses are always logged in a timely manner and brought to the attention of your line manager.
- To attend all mandatory training sessions selected by the Hotels Training Department
Preferably with a diploma in Hospitality, have worked at least for a year in the similar role, good communication skills, command on Arabic language is an advantage, locally/immediately available (or with less notice period) and transferrable visa