Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· To assist and provide financial guidance in the formulation and implementation of the Strategic Plan, Budget, and Goals Program.
· To maintain all accounting records of the hotel.
· To prepare financial statements on a timely basis in accordance with instructions prescribed by the General Manager.
· To ensure that all laws and fiscal regulations of the country of location (which affect the financial matters of the hotel) are complied with. This includes the responsibility for seeing that proper permits and licenses are obtained for such areas as importations, currency transfers, operation of hotel, bars, etc.
· To enforce, document and establish adequate controls for all revenues and expenses and protection of assets and ensure controls will satisfy or improve the level of guest service.
· To ensure the safekeeping and updating of all leases and contracts and all other legal records and documents which may affect the financial status of the hotel.
· To maintain accurate and timely financial and operating information and provide analyses, interpretations and projections to management as required.
· To ensure that local tax matters, including both income and other taxes, are properly handled. This includes the responsibility for the proper deductions and remittances of all payroll taxes where applicable.
· To approve all allowances and adjustments and ensure that they are subsequently approved by the General Manager.
· To administer the hotels and employees' insurance programs.
· To identify training needs, develop formal training plans and conduct training sessions for accounting and operational staff in coordination with other departments.
· To assist in preparing, in conjunction with the other department heads and the General Manager, both the annual and revised capital budget and profit budget in the format required by the Corporate Office. In addition to the preparation, the Financial Controller is responsible for reporting the actual results as compared with the profit budget.
· Responsible for maintaining adequate records to reflect the comparison of the actual expenditures for operating equipment and furniture and equipment replacements with the annual budgeted amounts.
· To recommend and maintain an appropriate list of delegation of authority for hotel management.
· To ensure the administration of established credit and collection policies which is the Manager’s responsibility may also be delegated to the Financial Controller.
· To review prices and recommend changes to the General Manager.
· To implement and maintain acceptable accounting practices and procedures as required by Cristal Hotel, Abu Dhabi policies and procedures, generally accepted accounting practices, and as affected by local conditions.
· To assist other department heads with the preparation of financial information i.e. prepare easy programs for F&B/Front Office to track their sales or to forecast or prepare budgets.
· To ensure payments are made to Cristal Erbil Hotel (MGM Fee/Incentive Fees) as fast as possible.
· To administer and control the Hotel Master Keys.
· To perform related duties and special projects as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
· CA (Charted Accountant) or Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Graduate in Accounting.
· 5 to 6 years demonstrated accounting experience, preferably in a hospitality or food and beverage environment and quality with a background that includes forecasting and budgeting.